20 Reasons I Pray
October 7, 2023
20 Reasons I Pray…
- Prayer makes me feel more loved and known by God.
- Prayer gives me hope. And gives me a reason to hope.
- Prayer lets me hear God’s Voice.
- Prayer recalibrates my anxious heart.
- Prayer is a form of therapy for the malady of “humanity.”
- Prayer is intimate. Up close. Very personal.
- Prayer cleans out dusty old drawers of forgotten sin.
- Prayer awakens. It’s the world’s best wake-up call.
- Prayer settles spiritual indigestion. It’s Alka-Seltzer for the soul.
- Some mornings, I am not hungry for prayer – until I start “tasting” it. Yum.
- A day without prayer feels robotic. Noisy. Headachy.
- Three days without prayer causes distress similar to “low spiritual blood sugar.”
- A week without prayer is like living in a spiritual coma.
- Prayer makes confidential connections with others. It stamps out loneliness. Or the threat of it.
- Prayer is fertilizer to help me plant God’s love in my heart. My love grows for anyone I pray for.
- Prayer is being given privileged access to have private conversations with Someone Very Important.
- Prayer makes my secret yearnings and misunderstood intentions tenderly understood by my Perfect Father.
- Prayer is a mountaintop experience—for non-athletes.
- Prayer is a sacred trust. Sometimes, prayer trust is shared by or with trusted others. Other times, that sacred trust is a secret – shhh – just between God and me.
- Prayer turns on a light that overpowers darkness. If enough of us pray, we can light up a whole country. If enough of us pray, we can light the whole earth.
*feel free to share*